JCM creates a setting where volunteers, patrons and other service providers work together to share ideas and information, network and work collaboratively on common issues.
This includes a range of events such as weekly meeting for new immigrants hosted was volunteers and more settled immigrants who take on the role of mentors and guides.
Some of the general activities we do:
• Congregation for Seniors to interact and beat loneliness
• Cultural programs bridging the generation gap
• Various volunteering programs for youth to keep them engaged and inspired
• Youth and Senior counselling
• New immigrants pick-up from the Airport
• Initial accommodation at a volunteer’s residence
• Facilitating initial survival jobs
• Assistance with various regulatory body’s requirements and education accreditations